Affiliated Practice (AP) Toolkit - September 28 - 29, 2018
Program Description: The AP Toolkit provides an overview of Affiliated Practice opportunities in Arizona and meets the Arizona Board of Dental Examiners continuing education requirements for affiliated practice relationships.
Who Should Attend?
- Hygienists who want to know what steps to take to become an AP hygienist (it’s easier than you think!)
- Hygienists, Dentists and Public Health professionals who want to learn about different employment models and where the jobs are
- Hygienists who want to earn all the initial and continuing education credits needed for Affiliated Practice
- Dentists who want to earn 8 continuing education credits in Public Health and Special Needs Dentistry (Day 1 Only)
- Anyone who wants to learn what Affiliated Practice is all about
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Provide assistance during medical emergencies
- Provide the proper assessments, dental hygiene diagnosis, treatment plan and dental hygiene treatment to pediatric patients in affiliated practice
- Apply principles of public health and disease prevention in a dental hygiene affiliated practice
- Comply with state rules and regulations regarding affiliated practice
- Design and implement an affiliated practice
DAY 1 (Open to Dentists)
- Special Needs Dentistry - Dr. Maureen Perry, DDS, MPA
- The Big Picture: Public Health Dentistry - Scott Howell, DMD, MPH
IMPORTANT NOTE: FOR HYGIENISTS: Includes 16 hours of Continuing Education units. The two day session is for dental hygienists. NO registrations will be taken and no refunds given for Hygienists attending only one day. There can be no exceptions.
- The Business of Affiliated Practice: Sustaining Your Dream - Michelle Gross-Panico, DHSc, RDH
- Medical Emergencies - Kim Lovell, RDH, BS
Registration Fee For the two day program:
Registration Fee For the one day program FOR DENTISTS ONLY:
Registration includes light breakfast, lunch and snacks each day.
- Dentists are invited to attend the Friday session only for 8 hours of CE.
- Early Bird registration ends August 15 - $260
- After August 15th - $300
- CLICK HERE FOR DENTIST REGISTRATION
Location: Native American Connections, 4520 N Central Avenue, Ste 640, Phoenix, AZ 85012
Registration ends on September 15, 2018
Cancellation policy: Refunds can be issued ONLY for emailed notification ofcancellation of the entire session no later than Friday, September 21, 2018
Questions? Call 480-818-2252 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org